Youth Works' aims and ethos reflect the cultural framework that unlocks the potential of the young people attending our education provision.
Statement of school aims
- To re-engage learners who are at risk of educational and/or social exclusion
- To provide learners with opportunities to achieve success and fulfil their potential
- To provide timetables tailored to individual needs
- To improve emotional wellbeing through targeted interventions
- To develop well-rounded individuals socially, emotionally, physically, and creatively
- To value independence, and enable our learners to become valued members of the community
- To provide a welcoming, safe and vibrant environment where everyone is listened to and respected
- To encourage and enable the continuous professional development of staff, ensuring effective communication between all
- To nurture strong partnerships and positive relationships with parents, carers and the wider community
- To provide clear progression routes into further education, employment and training
- To recognise and celebrate success in all aspects of college life
Youth Works are committed to developing a welcoming, safe and vibrant learning environment that will enable our learners to become valued members of the community. We believe our college will nurture all individuals on their journey to achieve their full and unique potential, by recognising and being responsive to individual learner needs.